Friday, June 23, 2006

What a Wow of a day.

Wow, up to 26 at the house yesterday.

WOW. Aimee had her last day at Jens Haven Memorial yesterday. At least we hope it is, I’m still not up on how the system works, but it does look like it will be.


On the down side for JHM, fourteen teachers and staff will be leaving this year, that’s a big lose of experience, hope the new generation can adjust quickly, I’m sure they can with help from the community.
Bye the bye, that’s a nice flag up on the wall eh?















Triple Wow, Australia’s ‘socceroos’ are into the final 16. Did it ugly IMO. But then I’m not a big follower of football. I always enjoy the game every four years, but that’s about it. I think I do know enough to predict that the Pommy referee of that game won’t see much more of this world cup, not from the pitch any way.
Against Italy Australia will have to ‘finish’ way better than they have to date. They seem to be able to get the ball into the scoring zone but then it shuts down. They look like a reasonable team of ‘journey men’ with no brilliance that some of the other teams have, though Kewell is close to being in that league. It will also be interesting to see who the Oz goalie is for the next game, I’m sure the starter yesterday would have had to seek refugee status some place if the result was a lose.
All that said, I did get an emotional and physical work out, have to up the training for the next one.

No comments: