Friday, June 02, 2006

Answer to comments and addition.

Peter said,
Yeah, that's great to see. Congratulations to all. I like the look of the service in the church too. Seems like some good things going on with the church, local elders in charge.


I am told that this was the first time the graduation class had a church service prior to the dinner dance. If it is not the first, then it has been many years since the last.
All I spoke to thought it a very good thought by grads, and added something a little special to the day. I’m not overly religious, but when I hear that Nain choir singing in Inuktitut I always get a little tight in the throat. Plus I like the church interior, plain and simple.


Brian, sounds like you're really counting down the days till the Ranger comes in. Twelve more sleeps. LOL! -Peter


If you could see the shelves in the stores you would be counting the days too. Aside from that, it is always nice to see the ‘first boat’ come steaming up to the dock, even if it just has coke, chips, ice cream and perhaps beer. It is the sign of new stock for the larder and perhaps new household items to come.
The first couple of years after my arrival the ‘Nain Brass Band’ used to still play on the boats arrival, this legacy of the Moravian Church was another nice event IMO. Alas the band has disbanded due to no new blood taking up the instruments.


In my post yesterday I forgot to mention that a wood pecker has been sighted around town as well.

No comments: