Thursday, June 09, 2011

Took these photos of Innu Mikun flight on approach this past Tuesday.

From that high angle the hills dwarf the twin otter sure.

I will try to stamp all my future photos, though time constraints might prevent that occasionally.

I was sitting watching here & Now last evening, a piece on the water situation came on. Then lo n behold a picture of mine came up on the screen. Then it cut away then another two pictures of mine came up on the screen.

Kind of nice to have CBC use my pictures, but no credit given and no ask was asked.

CBC Labrador Morning TOOK one of the photos mentioned above and used it on their web sight, but credit was given. Lab Morning usually don't ask anymore, and I am OK with that.

I know that photos but up on the internet can be taken and used by anyone and their dog, but silly me thought maybe our national broadcaster may have the decency to ask, especially the regional news cast.

Update: This is the first regional coverage of the water situation, which is not going to improve anytime soon with this wet weather.

And just had two x 24 x 500ml cases of water delivered to door courtesy of Nain Inuit Community Government and delivered by Nunatsiavut dept of health.
Thanks for that folks.

8 comments:

Table Mountains said...

I get paid for video/pics. They pay me once and I see them use the same pics/video a dozen times. They don't mention my name but that's ok,the checks make up for it. NTV has been using moose footage I shot at least once a week with coverage of moose stories on the Island.

Shammickite said...

WOw great scenery, hard to spot the twin otter in front of the rocks, my eye just wants to look at those cliffs.

MargaretJ said...

Looks like a pretty steep approach into Nain. Is my assumption correct?...not that I'll be flying in anytime soon...:-)

Unknown said...

Get those guys to attribute those photos of yours! It's just plain discourteous otherwise. You can excuse possibly if they have time pressures, but they could easily print an attribution later. Get up them bro . . .

shammooo said...

Sincerest apologises for any credit taken of news posts or misused photos ... nice to see some progress on water situation, hope it clears up soon...nice eye for flights...hoping to see you soon;)

Brian said...

It is kind of steep MJ, but not as dramatic as the picture shows.
Because of the high hills at both ends of the runway we are the only strip on the coast without night landing capability.
You should come for a visit, not so bad up here.

Sabrina said...

Some of most scary landings I've had are in Labrador/Nunatsiavut....but always managed to get home safely, usually to share warm cup of tea or good conversation....treasured memories....

MargaretJ said...

Brian,

That Northern Ranger trip is on my "must do" list. It would be amazing to see in person all of the places I've read about for so long.

Margaret