Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fog was slow lifting yesterday [never predict what weather is going to do], when it did planes descended on Nain like it was the invasion of some third world county.

I picked up a guest at strip about 3. Later in the evening we had visitors from Iqaluit drop in. They seemed enamored by the number of planes coming in to land.

Lotsa folks in town [upwards of 70 and as high as 100 I have heard] for the big event tomorrow; the re burial of Inuit bones out at the abandoned community of Zoar.

Here is a link on the bones via a commenter.

And today is National Aboriginal day, events and games planed all day.

3 comments:

Shammickite said...

I haven't heard anything about the reburial of the Inuit bones at Zoar, I hop you're going to write about it. Where were the bones before this reburial, And why?

Shammickite said...

Hi again Brian, I just looked up the story about the Inuit bones, here's one of the links:
http://64.34.111.95/node/2835
Amazing that those bones and the caribou masks laid all that time in chicago... but I'm not surprised that they were stolen from the graves back in the 1920s, the first nation people of this land have always been cheated by the white man, I'm glad things are being put right, as much as they can be after so long.

Brian said...

I had mentioned before, when bones first arrived in Nain with some links to the Museum.

Not sure I will be doing much on the trip to Zoar, have de flu and not invited anyway.

Fran invited but not sure if she will go.