Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yet more reportage on the Nutrition North program for the north.


Either they don’t have a lot of crime and escapes from custody up there or media people think that healthy food at reasonable prices is of an interest to their audience.

Any way Minister Duncan must have received and earful for his last statement because now he is promising consultations by INAC and NN people. Thought that would have happened sooner but having experience with INAC folk it comes as no surprise.

The way this is shaping up it is not looking like we in Nunatsiavut will see any positive changes with the new program. I was hopping to access retailers in Goose Bay, but judging by comments in these stories from the north the PAPER work required for such a small market may deter any participation from those retailers.

I patently wait for some information from people who are being paid to supply such information but it is looking more and more like I may have to go and garner the information myself, again.



So my shopping experience for a new TV turned out to be a pleasant one.


Sears delivered it to the outlet store in Goose Bay ahead of schedule. My little expediter picked it up yesterday morning and delivered it to Air Lab before lunch and I had it hooked up and warming up by 4 PM. All round a pleasant shipping experience. Normally I would not have chosen Sears but the other cheaper online stores had shipping cost of 350 bucks and Sears had a deal of fewer than 10 bucks to Goose Bay so they got the nod.

40 inch Sony, and the TV is not crooked, my camera was.


No comments: