Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I hesitate to mention this but seeing how I was roundly condemned and criticized for mentioning public figures names on the Alcohol Ban facebook site last weekend I feel I should say something.

In answer to several peoples questions of who they should go to for answers on the upcoming plebiscite I offered up my opinion that they should ask two of the councilors, I mention them by first name only.

Well the doo doo hit the fan. I don’t know why as a public figure is just that, no secret society running the Nain Inuit Community Government.

So today, eight days after the NICG decided to have the plebiscite, there is a release from NICG with some general information about the plebiscite, plus the fact it will be non binding and is just being used as a gauge of peoples feelings to either have a dry community or not.

But here is the kicker for me; it states that if anyone needs to find out any information on the plebiscite than they should contact the undersigned.
There is a list of the five members of the NICG who where present at the meeting last week.

Yesterday was a mauzy day compared to the days past, only up to 10 and drizzle all day.
Cleared up today and up to 15 already.

No comments: