Thursday, August 06, 2009


Reality soon dampened the joy of watching the sunrise yesterday. Clouds rolled in and then light rain to heavier rain for an hour or so.

Fortunately I had taken wet weather gear with me on our walk so it was no big deal; Fran had bailed out early to go to a meeting. Siutik and I had just arrived home when the heavy rain started.


On the return journey I spotted lights in the distance just as plane flew over.
The lights belonged to shrimp trawler that had come in to pick someone up.









The fish plant is becoming busier with a lot of cleaning of boxes and racks going on; I think they are gearing up for turbot later in the season.
Meantime some big orders for smoked char has necessitated an extra shift, they have 21 on staff at the moment, a far cry from days gone by but better than the plant being closed.

1 comment:

dannytoro1 said...

I wish we had some nice Turbot on the shelves here. Sort of odd, we have not even seen Starry Flounder on the ice as usual this year.I bet that would market well here in Georgia. Nice Turbot from the pristine and majestic Labrador coast.