Friday, August 14, 2009

Oi, where the bloody hell are we?

And you think Air Canada does badly by you eh?

I have never been to the capital of Cape Breton Island but from what I read it does not stack up all that well to the capital of NSW. Harbor aside there are no toxic tar ponds and the population is some what larger in the Sydney I grew up in.

There are some similarities between the region of Cape Breton and the Dutch folk’s final destination Wollongong. Well similarities in the past tense at least. Wollongong region has a thriving coal mine industry and the largest steel mill in the southern hemisphere. Cape Breton did have a steel mill and a thriving coal mine industry.


Positively balmy last night, +22, good wind out of North West keeping flies away.

Great night to be out for a walk if you could dodge the inebriated. They are harmless [to most] but it is annoying. Not that I have never been inebriated, but I always remembered any discretions I may have perpetrated, so I changed, comes with age and experience, at least for some.

No comments: