Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Way to go my birthday girl Justine.

A new mother from Nain says she still can't believe she gave birth in her sister's front porch last weekend. Lea Semigak was in Happy Valley-Goose Bay waiting to have the baby when she went into active labour.
Justine Obed is Semigak's sister. She says she called for a taxi but the baby couldn't wait. Semigak delivered the baby in the front porch.
"I came in the living room and my niece came and told me there is blood coming out. I ran back into my room and said get me some towels. She was born standing up. The sack was around her head so I took the sack off her face. Scary. Scary , scary."

Obed says the baby cried and took her first breath as the ambulance pulled into the drive way.

Taken from CBC NL.

For more on this see CKOK.

No comments: