Monday, June 16, 2008

Flat down in fog,

sort of like I feel. Wont last though, the fog that is, should burn off.

Have not felt like blogging of late, not felt like doing much of anything except going for walks with the dog. The weather was nice over the weekend, people fishing and picnicking [Labrador style] at all the popular spots. The oil boat was in too, so summer is here.

Had a few interesting meals over the weekend, Friday we had a ricotta cheese vegetarian lasagna accompanied by a bottle of Margaret River Chardonnay.
Yesterday it was a vegetarian risotto, chicken on the side, accompanied by [for me] what was left of a d’Aremberg Mclaren Vale 2005 ‘The Footbolt Sharize’ and for the others some white from a carton.

Cooking vegetarian can become difficult in these early days of summer. Not a lot of fresh vegetables of interest come in so it becomes a challenge to offer up variety. The vegetarian in the house at the moment is not hard to please, thank Yahweh, but with a reputation to protect I have to at least give it a shot.

What prompted this post was an incident yesterday.
Siutik and I were walking down around northern point. We were just making our way up the hill around the chopper pad when a vehicle pulled up besides us, the driver stopped the engine, oh oh I thought.
Any way driver offered up “I thought you were out of town”.
No I mused, have been walking the dog every day, been exposed to all, been around.
“Oh” says the driver. “I get up every morning, have a coffee and read your blog”.
Oh says I, well I have been in a bit of a fog latterly, not felt like writing much.
We danced around with some more chit chat, but the thing that stood out for me was the fact no criticism, no kudos thrown out, just the fact that I had not written anything for several days and some one noticed.

So I headed for the airstrip where Air Lab had just landed, had to meet some one coming in. Noticed Jim Lyall, president, heading out to Cambridge Bay for meetings.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you've become a companion to my morning tea as well -- glad to see you back!!

Anonymous said...

I check every day too, and wondered if you were out of town! We all have fog days..welcome back!

The Voyage of The WANDERBIRD said...

Yes sir, we read your fine posts almost every day here in Maine. We hope to meet you when we arrive in nain in late July. Rick and Karen M/S Wanderbird