Wednesday, December 27, 2006

We had our first introduction to an Idog on Boxing Day. It was on a visit to daughter’s house to check over their gifts from Santa. On the coffee table was this pink plastic dog just sitting there minding its own business; what’s that I asked?
“Well that’s an idog” I was told. “It plugs into IPods and mp3 players and acts as a speaker, it also does tricks and barks and stuff”.
So there is a demonstration of how the speaker works from off an iPod, quite a tinny [or plastic] sound, I thought. A demo of how iPods work followed, kind of neat I thought, but will resist getting one.

Later we were being entertained by grandson and his dad playing the latest x box games, Fran playing jacks and card games with the younger ones. Suddenly there is this whimpering, non stop. Shut that dog of yours up some one says. The owner ignored the request, she being busy with other things. I pick it up to try turn it off, the bloody thing growled at me, so I push its tail and it shuts off. Not for long though, a few minutes later it starts whimpering again, I do the tail bit, plus push its nose, it shuts up [off] again. I put it down and a few minutes later it starts with its whimpering again.
Aimee says, “Deneka put that dog of yours in the bed room”. I say “better yet put it outside”. Fran says “put it down the toilet”.
That was probably the best suggestion, it was met with approval by most of us, but the dog was banished to the bedroom for the rest of our visit. Never did find out how to turn it off completely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

merry christmas! i take it nain is much like cape ray,no big boxing day sales. : )

Brian said...

Merry Christmas back at ya, and happy New Year.

No big boxing day sales here sure, and that’s OK, have to sacrifice some things for better long term things.
Couple of the stores did have sales and promotions in the lead up to 25th. Northern have special evenings like women’s day, elders day and the like. But no big ticket items. I’m sure many are envious of what is on the go on the 26th down south.

The Fishician said...

LOL. My niece got one of the idogs too. Rave reviews all around.