Thursday, December 14, 2006

Mr. Grumpy.

I’m not my usual happy morning self this AM. Those darn inconsiderate ski doo yahoos speeding around all evening and night. Started before nightfall, woke me up about 12 and could not get any decent sleep, so I got up around 3.40 AM for some surfing [no shorts or board needed].
The last speeder went passed the house about 5, nice and quite from then on. I am determined [for now] to not go out and try to ID these idiots, if it was day yes, middle of the night, bit hesitant, there are people who get big bucks to deal with these things.

So after bit of surfing I printed off a letter I had filed to the Community Government with cc to RCMP. It is not the first of its type, complaining about the speeders and joy riders, as well as some possible scenarios to deal with the issue.

While laying restless in bed I thought of why these noisy machines keep people awake, perhaps it is to do with the lack of excess ambient noise in the town. The lack of noise pollution, along with lack of air pollution is one of the attractions of living here. Take these things away and we may as well buy a condo beside the TCH some place, shop at big box stores, line up for double doubles and KFC. Just thinking of that reinforces my will to lobby for some control. After all we do have some rights and freedoms left, or not.

Temperatures up to -3 this morning, bit difference from of late, even the crunchiness has gone out of the walking. I’m told these warming days like this force the frost further down into the ground, lets hope we get some good snow falls before it gets down into the -20’s, if it does at all.

No comments: