Friday, April 07, 2006

No flipping seal pie for me mate ;-]

How about this recipe for seal flippers.
1.Take a bunch of flippers.
2.Place in wooden barrel.
2.Add some water.
4.Wait undetermined time until flippers turn white.

I’m told it is very yummy, but will take my wife’s word for it thank you very much.

Now here is some stuff I was weaned on;

Every body knows and luves vegemite right? I can remember the vegemite/cheese/lettuce sandwiches is if it was yesterday. Actually it was.
And who can forget the Anchovette on crackers, or toast on a hot summer morn.Well actually it is a mouzzy April morn now.
As for the Leatherwood honey; I had never tasted it till yesterday, man it is some good. It is about as natural as you can get, no heating or filtering, just creamy natural flavor and goodness. The aroma is powerful, like the smell of rose petals and wildflowers all wrapped together. The flavor is kind of overpowering at first, so many hints of things it is hard to nut down. The after taste stays for a long time, get’s your moneys worth with this sure.
I have always found that honey from hard wood areas of the world have more intense flavor than from soft wood areas. Not sure if it is just me or what. I thought Australian honey were the bee’s knees until I tried honey from the Greek island I spent 10 months on. A Definite hint of olives, and I thought that was the best until the Tasmanian Leatherwood arrived.
Another puzzle is; why is Anchovette not made in Canada? it beats the hell out of any fish pasts I have found here.

No comments: