Thursday, July 12, 2007

Holiday Stage2.

We left Goose Bay yesterday a few minutes behind schedule but made up time into Deer Lake, then more time into St.John’s. We were the only arrival at the time so in very short order a taxi was whisking us down town to Gower St. We settled in [more later] and did a short walk to a corner store, nice to browse around a well stocked store for a change, purchased some breakfast stuff and some honey ale.
After dropping the stuff off we took a turn down the dock area, on the way I was trying to get my bearings, a lady sitting in her car asked us if we needed directions, I explained why we looked like lost souls. After a bit of banter we/I were better situated as to the down town.
After the brief run along the dock I made a bee line [through lane ways] to the steps leading up to “the ship”. “A pint of Guinness and a pint of Stella please in keeper”.
After satisfying our thirst we ordered pan fried cod for her and two pieces of fish and chips for me. The lady on the street had recommended the fish and chips as the best in town. Well to date I have no argument with that, it’s amazing how much better fresh cod taste compared to frozen, man it was a good scoff.

Before I forget to mention this; the sky’s have been mainly clear the whole 14 hours of our stay, no fog, no drizzle, amazing.
I have not taken one picture yet, looks like a good day to change that.

No comments: