Saturday, November 18, 2006

Serotine Rememberence Day.

I was a bit reluctant to post much about remembering. My father was in several campaigns in WWII, he is still going at 92. Anzac Day, April 25, is the big day to remember them days down under, I had many a good time with the returned service persons over the years. Having said that, I found this story by Kenn Harper just today, it is more in keeping with where I live today.
http://www.nunatsiaq.com/opinionEditorial/columns.html
I’m sure Kenn wont mind me linking to it, he and his wife had a nice little visit with us this summer, I learnt a lot about Inuit history in the north in that short time.

3 comments:

WJM said...

Whether Kenn minds you linking to it or not, it's irrelevant: you don't need anyone's permission to link to something.

Brian said...

Yeah, politeness was ingrained in me from a young age. Some times I border on the saccharine.
My abulia is taxed at times by the parochialism of many I deal with, I just hope that I have the energy and outlook of the likes of Elizabeth Penashue when I get to Uncle Jims age.

The Fishician said...

Great story. My grandfather was in that war--hard to believe, compared with my own life.

Kenn's got an unparalleled knowledge of the North. Saw him in Paris recently. He sure had a great time in Labrador this summer, and talks fondly of Labradorians. He gave a good talk on his sweetheart, "Nancy COlumbia"