Tuesday, May 24, 2011


The weekend weather held off until late yesterday afternoon before crapping out. Light snow and freezing drizzle started about 5:30.

Awoke to anther white layer this morning, just when you think things are drying out.

Had a simple slow roasted prime rib and three vegetables for Sunday supper. Nice comfort food after some work around house and a moderate walk.




















Now we come to the piece de resistance.


I had some dough over from making white bread yesterday.

Decided on a pizza, Fran is not that keen on the saucy meaty styles so decided to experiment.


Rolled out dough very thin, spinach, asparagus, leeks [all par boiled and drained] three cheeses and some dried herbs [while wishing I had some fresh basil and oregano].

I gota tell ya, this is the best pizza crust I have made [to date]. The crust was crunchy and tasty yet in the mouth it felt like it was not there. The vegetable and cheeses dominated the taste and flavor buds. Fran happy, me happy, Siutik happy with the thicker rim.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I meant to leave a comment about your yummy 'ol pizza the other night. . .

Lookin' very good bro!