Thursday, May 05, 2011

Our walk [just the two of us] yesterday coincided with the morning flights landing and taking off.

Not much traffic, Air lab landed unloaded passengers and took off within minutes.

A coast guard chopper was waiting engine running at the north loading ramp, as soon as Air Lab landed the chopper took off and landed at the passenger ramp, picked up what it had to and headed up to Nain hill where coast guard has a new communications tower.

Prior to leaving the house I had made up a batch of multi grain bread dough. I usually time these things well, but taking photographs, chatting on the road and generally soaking up the sun took longer than planned.

The bread dough was attempting a runner when we arrived back.

















With Fran away the meals were basic: I had a goodly amount of ground pork from a good cut I had marinated in brine for 2 days. My intent was to make sausages; Fran hates sausages of all types.

Being sausage lazy I just added some spices and herbs. Tuesday night I made hamburgers and last night I guess you could call it ‘baked pork cakes.’ served with asparagus, yam/potato mash, apple sauce and Oktoberfest mustard. I better not go on, some may think I am bragging……….Ok I will go on, damn they were good.

The marinating plus the added ingredients over time added some amazing subtle flavors.


1 comment:

MargaretJ said...

Looks scrumptious! Love the bread photo. It runneth over