Saturday, May 28, 2011

Clafoutis:

how they should NOT turn out.

I never have any luck with batters that are supposed to puff and rise up all nice looking.

Should stick to what I know maybe, but at my sisters urging I gave this clafoutis [silent s] a go last night, as you can see total disaster.

I was waiting for the batter to rise, gave it extra 10 minutes in over [remembering to NOT open the door].

The extra time did not achieve the results I was looking for but did manage to burn the edges and bottom.

Our dinner guest was surprised when I mentioned afters were a disaster and maybe we should forgo the clafoutis.

Guest said he thought that's how it was supposed to look and we should give it a try anyway.


Out the window at 4:05 this morning. Always amazes me/us that the moon shows at that angle in the sky at this time of morning.












Any way back to the clafoutis. This is what remained of the disaster after two people had at it.

As our guest quipped, "that is the best failed dessert I have tasted for some time".

2 comments:

Sean Lyall said...

iGrill may have helped huh? You stll CNA though.

Brian said...

iGrill could not have made it any worse for sure.

CNA? I thought it was MCA that was bestoweth on me?