Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger has been down te once, lost a post and had to re enter the Google earth Nain pic.

Had a teleconference with 5 folks from Dept of Labrador affairs this morning. Just me v the government, lonely oh battle but I think I am up for it for the time being.

Of course the subject was food subsidies, plus an overview of the provincial food lift subsidy and changes to it to work in conjunction with the federal program.

My main beef with both programs, the lack of transparency did not get very far I feel, it is one thing for bureaucracy and Pols to say " we are doing checks and audits to make sure things are running copacetic", it is another thing altogether when the consumer can not have access to that information.

Until it becomes more transparent then was just have to assume these programs are designed as corporate welfare. Show us the beef.
I will more than happy to withdraw that assessment and apologize when the programs come up with a mechanism to show the consumer [the tax payer] that indeed we are the chief beneficiary of these tax funded subsidies.

All in all the meeting was informative for myself and perhaps I gave some points of consideration to the government.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done bro. Proud you are standing up!