Friday, February 06, 2009


A recent photo of my dad [going on 95] taken at katoomba, he is accompanied by Bruce the cow cocky.
Some updates of stories I have touch on of late: The Okalakatiget Society web site has been hit by some sort of bug making it impossible to upload any news briefs etc.
A person on OK staff is working on developing another site and everyone is hopeful a new and improved site will be available very soon.

Information from a reliable local source informed me that NL Hydro will be sending a letter to Nain residents with an update on the situation at the local hydro plant. NL Hydro is also forming a ‘committee’ to look at possible ways in improving the 1 800 power outage hot line.
Seeing as our situation is some what unique and localized I would like to see a local hot line with a designated person to take calls if/when there is another power outage of longer than say 15 minutes. By the time information is relayed to the 1 800 number, and lets not forget that the local hydro staff here will be busy at the time, the information at the 1 800 is irrelevant.
Some one local who can decipher quickly the ‘locally known knowledge’ would be a better approach IMO.

The new Northern store is coming along nicely it seems. Local scuttlebutt is that most of the work could be finished March some time; I have no word when the opening will take place.

I lied about the cow cocky with my dad…..actually it is Neal, my little sister’s bloke, who does cut a fine form in that outfit. Both do yeoman’s service in looking after the parents in their senior years, no mean feat knowing my fathers disposition.

No comments: