Friday, February 09, 2007

I have added a new link, Lloyd’s pics. Lloyd claims to be an amateur in photography, but IMO the NL department of tourism could use some advice from Lloyd.

Like Lloyd I have an om2, purchased it in London England back in 1979, has been a great work horse, only problem I had with it was my own doing. Took it on a long run up into the barrens on a caribou hunt. Had it well wrapped and in a case, but made the mistake of lashing it on top of the load of the komatik on way home. The shaking about did some internal damage, but after a repair at an Olympus agent in Ottawa it was as good as new.
I would use the om2 more now if developing was not such a pain it the arse. Good developing of the neg is essential, just no great ones this side of Ottawa, or maybe Halifax and St.John's. What ever, it takes for ever to get the results back.
My Olympus c-5050 digital does a good job for posting on the internet and for small reprints, but would love the power of the 35mm format, maybe one day.

No comments: