Thursday, September 03, 2009

I am reluctant to draw attention to these religious zealots

who are using negative and misleading information about Nain to raise money.

Alas I feel I must write more about them so that at least some people know the truth. What is happening in Nain may not be a precedent on the global scale but it sure is new to us.

The Strategic Prayer Strategy is just one part of the story, the people who came in to spew that garbage are just one part of the picture, this would not have happened if not for the ensconced independent so called “ministry” here in Nain.

First off I have received a number of comments on the so called prayer, both on the blog and by e mail: see below.

"I can see it coming: Big tent. Brian and Fran go up front amidst applause, yells and the band playing. The preacher hits you each in the head and you are swooned by the love of Jesus, or whatever, and you are SAVED. And the whole town of Nain streams to the front of the tent to renounce Satan."

"I like the title: Strategic prayer strategy. I assume that the man who walked out disliked the stuff on idolatry and spirit worship? Reject all magic except our own!"

"I didn't quite understand the issue with the religious group that wants to put up a building in Nain. You are right about all the negative news about Nain and I always talk positive now that we have had a chance to experience the town."

"Just read your blog about these modern day colonizers. Phew!"

But my favorite is by someone at an esteemed English University

"Sinister shit man, stay vigilant! "

Hopefully more local input will follow to where it matters most, Nain Inuit Community Government or NG.

To be continued:

No comments: